Tuesday, July 31, 2007

July's Happenings

So, my two computers aren't up to my standards at home. The 1st is new and slow and the 2nd is old and slow. I can't win. The library is my only solace, I have plenty of time when the computers aren't being used and they are fast!! So, my last posting has been late June, I will write for today- July 31st so that I can at least have 1 posting in July.

The following categories are:

Wisdom Teeth: I got my wisdom teeth taken out about 3 weeks ago. My gums have healed, I can drink out of a straw again, and my mouth no longer pains. I will dive right into the experience by saying that taking out wisdom teeth is no fun!! After I woke up from the anthesia, my dad drove me home. I have no recollection of the car ride, but I do remember pointing to the driver's seat and my dad telling me, "No, you can't drive!"

I went downstairs and watched TV for 6 hours with the constant of my mouth numb, the gauze, and the ice packs around my mouth. I should have taken a picture, I looked so ridiculous!! But the experience could have gone better- because I threw up. Apparently while I was still waking up, I swallowed some blood. Nasty! So, I didn't take any pain medication in fear that I would puke it up or eat anything. But my mom picked me up some anti-nausea pills and that helped the puking and calm my stomach.

After that, I stopped wearing my gauze and could now feel the stitches. Absolutely sick. They both came out within two weeks and my swelling also decreased. I'm glad that I will never have to have my wisdom teeth taken out ever again!!

Girls Camp: The week after my wisdom teeth, I went to my ward Girls Camp. This being my 6th year going, I had a very nice time! I got to know my girls and leaders better. We went up Sardine Canyon on the way to Logan and stayed in a campsite in Mantua. We went on the lake that you see driving and went canoeing!! This was my first time and it was very fun! It gave my arms a good workout and it was relaxing. I did get a flip-flop sunburn though, I have a nice little tanline! Our theme for this year was Gems of the Gospel, and I was crowned as Princess Belle from Beauty and the Beast.

Willis Reunion: This last week was the Willis Reunion on my mother's side. We went up to Park City and spent 4 days there visiting family and breathing the fresh air. The night before was spent at the Utah Festival Opera in Logan seeing Porgy and Bess. It's good, I recognized the songs Summertime and I Got Plenty of Nuttin' from Band pieces.

In Park City, we ate at the City Park and played games. In past reunions, I didn't enjoy myself because there was only my cousin who was my age and I didn't like talking to adults. This year, I played with the kids. It was fun, but I did miss being looked up as an adult (almost) instead of a babysitter. I do enjoy playing with the kids and loved it when they would climb into my lap, or want comfort from me.

News from Work: I work at a bakery. I have worked there for a year and absolutely love it! I have very nice co-workers, good schedule, and yummy food!! Autumn is coming up and that brings our busiest night ever- Witches Night Out. New rules, lists, etc. are being put out to make the business more functional and friendly to customers. We now have to be certified to make sandwhiches, do eclairs, operate the oven, stuff like that. It's a bother, since we're under new management, but I can live with it and understand.

Harry Potter Mayhem: I have now read ALL of the Harry Potter books!! May I say, that it is a fantastic series!!! I love the imagination and the mind of J.K. Rowling, she is amazing! I got the 7th book a week ago and finished it on Saturday. My predictions sort of came true about who would die at the end. At the Willis Reunion, about 5 other cousins were reading the last potter book!! It was quite funny to see my uncle and cousin sit down while everyone else is talking, and just read!!

Even though I have read all the Harry Potter books, I have not seen the 5th movie yet. Pathetic? Yes I am. I hope to see that sometime , probably not this week since I have work and youth conference. But I will have definately seen it before school starts!!

School stuff: I am very excited for my Senior year!! It's gonna be awesome. Rehearsals for the production of our fall musical will be starting tomorrow I believe. I will be in the pit orchestra in all my trumpet glory!!

Teaching Primary: I have not been to Young Women's or Sunday School in three weeks. No, I am not sluffing!! Last week I went to church in Park City for the reunion and the 2 weeks before that, I was actually teaching Primary.

Why me? I love Primary and I would love to be called as a Primary teacher. I had a blast teaching the little Sunbeams and 4-7 year olds! They were so cute and always sent me home laughing.

Hibachi Update: There is none. I haven't heard a word from our club leader about Hibachi. I suppose that she is still in training at the Dogs 4 Diabetics facility.

Well, that is all from me. Sorry that it was so long and that there were no pictures to keep your attention!! I promise that I will find a way to get pictures on here!!

-Rebbie Becky

1 comments:

Charlotte said...

I haven't seen Harry Potter 5 yet either. So, maybe we're both just pathetic.

:)

It was fun to see so much of you last week.