Saturday, June 20, 2009

This and That.

Yes, this post contains pictures!! It's been awhile, but I'll do my best to explain the past 2 weeks, because lots has been going on!!!

First has been the Oquirrh Mtn. Temple open house. It's such a pretty temple and we went in the morning when it was nice. The weather was rainy in the afternoon, so we were grateful for that aspect!How lucky am I to live in a valley where there are 2 temples of the Lord in one city!! Seriously, so blessed.

The next big thing the next day was going wedding dress shopping for my sister who's getting married in September. It was interesting to see her try on wedding dresses, but she looked so pretty and she's marrying a great guy who I'm proud (uhhhh, maybe (jk)) to be calling my brother-in-law.

It was a temple going week because at the end, our family made a trek down to the Manti Temple where my above-said sister will be married. Leaving at 4:30 AM because my other sister and I could only do baptisms at 6:30 AM, we went to the temple. It was so pretty and I just love it so much! One thing that contributed to our experience was that we were the only ones there in the baptistry. The temple workers were so nice and the Spirit of the Lord was just in full abundance!

The sun was shining and it was gorgeous. I love going to the temple and I'm excited for September to come back to the Manti Temple again!!
Hallelujah!!! The time for Brighton Camp 2009 finally started!!! I moved in Saturday and then came back Sunday Night to kick off Pre-Camp!
Our staff this year is amazing!! We're all different but only at Brighton can we become best friends instantly!! Here's a picture of the down-time that we had in the Dining Hall.
That's me and my roomie in Forget Me Not (yes, that was the flower from the last post) after the staff picture was taken. Our staff jacket is from Cabella's. I love it because it says my camp name on the back and it makes me feel hardcore!

The mountain air, scenery, and weather (with the abundant moisture we had almost every day...) was so breathtaking.
What I love most about Brighton is that I left my life in the valley. I didn't have to worry about money, getting registered for next semester, updating Facebook, or anything like that! Brighton Girls Camp is truly a miracle and I am so blessed to be a counselor there this summer! Wish me luck though, I have girls for the next two weeks....
-Rebbie Becky

1 comments:

Emily said...

SO cute Becky! I hope your first week with girls went well. I'm sure you were a great counselor. I love you!