Monday, April 12, 2010

Hair Update

Well, the latest news with me is that last Thursday, I chopped my hair off 10 inches and donated it to Aggie Locks! I've been on the planning committee for this event since February and I'm so glad it's over and my hair has decreased in it's length.

For the first part, we've had speakers come to get us pumped up to donate our hair. Carol Albrecht (the first lady of USU) said something that I really liked to emphasize the meaning of why I chose to donate my hair.

"Cancer victims can't choose if their hair falls out, it's a part of going through chemotherapy. But everyone else can choose to cut their hair or do whatever to it, so donate it!"

Another cool thing that happened during Aggie Locks was that we had a boy come in and donated his hair!! He grew his hair out about 8 inches because his dad died from brain cancer and wanted to do this in his memory. Awwwww!!!

The new hair is interesting to deal with now, but I like it. Wouldn't you agree?

Before:
After:
-Rebbie Becky

0 comments: