
Well, the adventure has begun at Brighton LDS Girls Camp, Year 3!!! This week was Pre-Camp and it was amazing!! Sadly, I left my camera charger/connection to laptop up there, so no pictures right now. So, I hope to remember to bring it down next week to put some up!
So, I have a funny story to share....
On Sunday night, me and my roommate Cheeto were in our cabin and it seemed like every time Cheeto would open her closet, a moth would fly out. Cheeto is scared of moths, so while she hid in her bed, I bravely killed about 10 of them that night.
Continuing onto Monday night, we noticed the many moths again and went outside of the room into where the campers slept and we saw A TON of moths flying around on the ceiling! GROSS! We got on our walkies and said, "Does anyone have a moth trap we could borrow? Cause our cabin's full of them!"
Head Cook Bubbles came to the rescue!!! We came down the hill and met her in the tool shed, there she and Splash were looking at traps that could be useful for our situation. They looked at rat, mouse, rodent traps and said, "How many do you have in your cabin?" To which we replied, "Too many to count!!". Splash and Bubbles had the look of, "Oh no!" on their face.
Splash came up with an idea though, she suggested putting a piece of candy at the bottom of the garbage can, then they'd get in there and won't be able to get out. I thought, "But they're moths....won't they just fly out?" I was confused!
So they looked at some more mouse, rodent traps.....then me and Cheeto realized something, we said, "You know we're talking about moths here right?" Splash said, "Oh, I thought you said MOUSE!!!!"
Needless to say, we laughed about it a lot and I really really like that story, Could you just imagine them thinking that me and Cheeto were talking about mouse infestation, instead of moth!! "How many are there?" Reply:"Oh, too many to count!" Uh-oh.
We went to bed being very grateful that there wasn't a mouse infestation instead of just moths! If that were the case, I definately wouldn't be sleeping there!
Well, that's the story for this week. Happy Pre-Camp! Wish me luck with the first week of campers!!
-Rebbie Becky
Last Day of New Happy Quilting Pattern Sale!!
18 hours ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment