Saturday, June 26, 2010

Week 1!!

Week 1 of Brighton!! Wow, it was completely crazy, exhilirating, tiring, exciting, and all of it was completely worth it!!

Here's a little game of Human Knot on Monday!

Hike to Silver/Solitude Lake.

With me leading the way!! I'm so grateful that we had no accidents except for a bleeding knee, homesick camper, and another throwing up! Ahh, the lives of 12 year old girls....

Makin' some tie-dye shirts for Decades Week!

Mystique, one of my campers, enjoying the snacks of graham crackers and caramel.

Snaps and Chuckles building the big fire for our pizza cookout. Too bad it really didn't work until I put some lighter fluid on it!

Unit 5 before the Farewell Slideshow.

My tie-dye shirt turned out pretty well, don't you think??

I think my biggest tender mercy from this week was finding out that a high school friend's brother died during the week. It made me stop and think about how precious this life really is. I'm saddened for his family and all the things that he won't do now, but rejoicing that he's back home again with our Heavenly Father and Savior. Solomon, although I didn't talk to you a lot, you have influenced my life to live each day and to keep praying for opportunities to be a disciple of Christ. Thank you and I'll se you again someday...
-Rebbie Becky

0 comments: