Sunday, October 31, 2010

Only Post of October

There's no time like the 31st of October (Happy Halloween!) to do a blog post....ugh!

Things have been busy, busy, busy since I last posted on here!! I'm still at my job that I talked about previously and I really enjoy it so far. Yes, it's not so much fun waking up at 5 AM and going to work getting people out of bed, helping them shower, diaper, eat, and then drive them work and come back to clean their room. That's the typical schedule for me, but it's nice. I enjoy getting to know the residents better and have them get to know me better.

I also have another job at an After School Program at a jr. high. It's fun to be with the crazy teenagers when they've had about 7 hours of being in school all day...(sarcastic? hmm, maybe a little...) The good ones who listen to you and do what you tell them to do are great, but some are cocky, think that they don't know everything and don't listen to you. We do some fun activities like guitar playing which is my personal favorite on Mondays, cooking, board games, etc. I got to go see "Thriller" with them this month for free and I was being paid to go! SWEET!!!

These jobs have been perfect for me and my schedule. I've learned so much from both of them and each day, I come home with something new that I've learned or to be grateful for. I've learned to appreciate the little things that I can do on my own and be independent. I'm grateful for the money that I'm earning to help pay for my mission.

Yup, that's right. I want to go on a mission! I cannot wait to get started on my papers and preach the Gospel wherever I'm called to go. The Lord truly knows me and my desires, I know that He hears and answers our prayers. I know that if I keep doing the things I'm doing- saying prayers, reading scriptures, studying Preach My Gospel, going to the temple every week, teaching Primary, etc. that the Lord will prepare me to be the best missionary I can be.

Well wish me luck!! I am so not ready to fall to end.....
-Rebbie Becky

0 comments: