Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It's Just Not the Right Time Yet....

In my life, I've tried many things that ranged from work, clubs at school, social events, and other things. Sometimes it all worked out, but sometimes it didn't. However, I could always see the silver lining on the cloud and found myself in experiences that have made me a better person.

For example:

I tried out for Madrigals during my junior year in high school. Compared to others, I was under-qualified, but still felt the courage to try. Unfortunately, I didn't make it. I must admit that my heart felt heavy whenever they wore their Christmas pajamas to school for the performances, but because I didn't get it, I was able to keep my job at the bakery and be an important participant in both jazz and concert band.

I like to call these learning experiences. So, while I was laying in bed last night thinking about the ups and downs, I noticed that it all turned out to be just fine. "Maybe it's not that I was right for them, but they weren't right for me."

I long for something to go smoothly and to be older. Through with school, served a mission, working in my major, and hopefully having a near marriage. Ahhh...that should be the life!

It won't be the right time all the time. But it will be somday. As long as I don't give up, keep smiling, and put my trust in the Lord, then all the experiences will be right for me.

-Rebbie Becky

1 comments:

Brittany Marie said...

I love your optimism! I too did not make Madrigals.

*non-madrigal high five*!