Saturday, March 7, 2009

Amazing Times

It's Spring Break time!!! Classes officially ended yesterday afternoon. I watched "Madagascar 2" and "Kung Fu Panda" last night with some of the building friends, lots of laughs which was awesome!! The sun was shining today as me and a friend drove home. Talking about future plans for school, missions, and majors, it was a really good drive!

Well, my summer this year will be the bestest ever!! So, without furthur adeiu, a story......

Once Upon A Time (like 7 years ago), I became a Beehive. Therefore, I set out to be a camper at Brighton Girls Camp where every girl went. I had a fantastic time with repelling, the craft shack, the Brownie Hike, zipline, Legend Ceremony, testimony meeting, and much more!! My counselor's name was "Elmo".

"Elmo" inspired me to do new things. Even though I was scared at first, she reassured me that I was loved and accepted by others. I'll never forget my 1st counselor.
A year later, I returned as a 2nd year Beehive. The experience was very different from the first. When we came up, it was snowing in July, and then I got sick more than once during that week. I didn't do all of the events like last year, but I still loved it and stuck it out to the end. My 2nd counselor's name was "Sunnie".

I admire "Sunnie" as a counselor. I felt like the test run since our group were her first set of girls, but she stayed calm while I was sick and loved me just the same!

Since my camper days were over, I wanted to work at Brighton Girls Camp very badly!! Of course, I wanted to be a counselor, just like mine were...
So, last year I fulfilled my dream to work at Brighton. Lo and behold, I became an Assistant Cook my first year!! I was so proud to be called by my camp name, "Bugle". I will always remember Brighton 2008- the staff, the kitchen, the laughs and the loves that I have felt up there. That summer was the best one yet, I guess I didn't want it to end.


In conclusion, I applied to Brighton again this summer and was called to be a COUNSELOR!!!!!!! At last, my dream will come true as I spend my summer with amazing staff, amazing girls, amazing mountains, and our amazing Heavenly Father. Stay tuned for the summer with my crazy stories!

And who knows? Maybe in awhile, there'll be my camper who became a counselor, just like I did, and my counselor's before me. The circle of Brighton never ends!!

-Rebbie Becky

0 comments: