Monday, August 17, 2009

Brighton Week 6

Alas, here's another wonderful 3 poster in one day!!! Don't worry, it's just a catchup for the Brighton summer!!! It's over and I couldn't be sadder.... I totally wish that I had this!!!! This was taped in the walk-in fridge in the Brighton kitchen. Soooo funny when I saw it, but what a perfect place to put it!

Here's my unit for this week!! Way to go Unit 3-but oh it was hard. As you count the campers, I had 13 campers!! It's soo difficult when they look like each other (no offense, but the blonde ones blend together), so it was tough to know them each on a individual level.
The counselors on the couch on the barn "supervising" theme party!!! Curly, Gibson, DC, Sprout, and Fermataaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (lol)
I am quite proud of my new tradition! On Monday night after Brownie Hike, I save my beloved brownie for Tuesday morning staff meeting. Wearing my pajamas, I eat my brownie while discussing hikes, cookouts, and ropes courses!!! It's soooo good in the morning!
On our hike to Lake Mary that day, we saw a MOOSE out on the lake!!! I've never seen a moose up at Lake Mary!!!! Pretty cool that it was in the water eating...
The moose is now on the ground, but it got scarier. There got to be a family of hikers on that side headed for the moose!! I watched in terror as my campers were doing solo time. The mom cried out, "Stop! Stop! Get down on the ground, don't move!!!" Oh it was scary and for a little bit, it looked like the moose was going to go towards them. Thankfully, and with lots of prayer!! the family got safely away and the moose kept eating. So, with that little mishap, we canceled the trip to Twin Lake.
But when we got back to the cabin, we got a pleasant surprise!! Our unit's pillows were stolen and we found this note!!! We couldn't figure it out....
Riff's group did tell us where Fermata's group hid our pillows!! They were in the teepee, but we didn't know who did it to us at that time...
So our unit decided to "moon" the cabin Buttercup! We had suspicions that they did the pillow prank to us, so we "mooned" them!! HaHA!!!
Awwww, at Tuesday Staff Meeting, we had a surprise Bridal Shower for our lovely director Splash! Her fiance Duke (aka camp name "Rover") came over!!! I love seeing happy people get married!!
Fun fun times!!! The Brighton white truck got stuck on the way up Hernia Hill, so Floss desperately cries on the walkie, "Counselors! Counselors" We need help come down lower Hernia quickly!!!" So, in the Nest waiting for my interview, everyone dropped what they were doing and got the truck out!!
Oh the joys of going on zipline as a counselor!! Silly silly girls took off my shoes while I was getting down!
Christina. This camper was a special soul!! She was soo sweet to me and loved to give me hugs and tell me thank-you. It made me feel sooo good! On Lifeline, she came to trees and dead ends and just stopped. I had to keep telling her to keep going, eventually she found the way! Ahh, the comparisons were incredible and me and Numero had a good time watching her!
-Rebbie Becky

0 comments: