Monday, August 17, 2009

Brighton Week 8

Merry Christmas!!!! Yes, I know what you're thinking, Christmas in August??? Well, it happened and I love this week for the last week of camp! The rest of the staff loves this week as well and we have lots of fun with it!

Here's my group with the yarn analogy that I like to do with my campers. As long as everyone holds up their string, the group is strong. Then I let the campers drop theirs and see what the difference is.
For BLC (Brighton Love and Care), my unit helped to carry logs from one spot to another. This is Bonnie Wright (no really, it's Bonnie Wright!! haha) carrying lots of logs. Her arms were so scratched up afterwards....what a trooper!
Then for Theme Party, campers got a bag of crate paper and weird pants and then were told to dress me up like a Christmas tree! Oh, I felt loved..then it sent me back to when I was a camper and for our Theme Party we dressed up our counselor, Elmo!
After they were finished, I could barely move my legs, so the impressive Bonnie Wright picked me up! She's such a strong girl!
Yes, I have a red nose and pine tree branches and pine cones sticking out. What can I say?? My campers like to use their resources to the fullest!
We were good campers, so we could see Santa!!
Here's me cooking the pizza's at pizza cookout! I'm quite bad at getting the fire going, but then once it happens, I like to cook the pizzas!! Then afterwards, we have some homemade ice cream that the campers roll!! Soooooooooo good!!!
This week I had some girls who were very very flexible!
Staff meeting was great because it was Christmas Gift Exchange!! I gave Carebear (she's on the committee) some cups, a teddy bear, a onesie, and then a red onesie which everyone on the staff signed for her little baby Spencer!!
I quite enjoyed my gift from Splash! It was a pillowcase that everyone on the staff signed!! Plus it was really creative with a paper bow that Splash made!!
Here's the ropes course named Nitro that my campers did (I remember doing this when I was a camper!!). The objective is that all the campers (13 in total) have to swing on a rope to fit.....
on this platform. Not everyone fit, but the highest number we got on there was 10. We could have fit 13, but a lot were stumbling. Good teamwork!
Now here's our group at Twin Lake for our hike on Thursday!!! Notice the two flexible girls in front, Brooke and McKenzie!!
Hahaha, oh geez! My roommate Riff and other members of the staff introduced me to the idea that if you rub charcoal on your teeth, it helps whiten them. I'm not sure if it works or makes a good difference, but I've tried it twice at camp. Who knows??!!
Friday after the campers left, the staff spent the day cleaning their room and moving out! Then we had memory gift exchange (kinda like a white elephant). I gave away my superman pajama pants that I wore to bed and staff meeting. To my delight, my roommate Riff got them!!!! I'm so glad that they fit her and that she knew that I wore them!!
Now I got Splash's memory gift!!!! It was so special, she gave away her duct tape pants that she wore every year up at Brighton ('04 and '05 as a counselor, then last year as a PD, and this year as a Director). I felt so blessed for to be getting a piece of her. I love you Splash!!!
After a great sleepover in the DH, it proved to be a very COLD evening!! So the rain the next morning turned into hail, and then light SNOW!!!!! What else can I say but, Happy Christmas Morning!!! Only at Brighton.....
Thus ends my fabulous summer at Brighton LDS Girls' Camp!! What a summer it has been for me to be a counselor. You can tell that as well and I hope that you've enjoyed looking at my pictures from my fun adventures (you can be jealous if you want...). It's an adventure that I'll never foregt...

Now, I'm working on getting ready to move up to school again for another great year!! I pray that it will go well and that it will be successful!! Wish me luck!! I'll try hard to blog about my adventures while I'm away from home.
-Rebbie Becky

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm the kind of guy who passions to taste bran-new stuff. Right now I'm manufacturing my hold pv panels. I am making it all by myself without the aid of my men. I'm using the internet as the only path to acheive this. I stumbled upon a very brilliant site that explains how to create photovoltaic panels and so on. The web site explains all the steps required to solar panel construction.

I'm not sure bout how accurate the data given there is. If some people over here who had experience with these things can have a peak and give your feedback in the thread it would be grand and I would really treasure it, cause I really like solar panel construction.

Tnx for reading this. U guys are great.