Saturday, July 11, 2009

Brighton Week 2

Week 2 of Brighton! I know I know, I'm pretty obsessed and don't normally put more than 4 pictures on this blog, or write more than once in one day!! But hey, it's a good way to put on pictures and update people about my fabulous summer!! Here's some of the staff singing on the rock for the campers on Monday morning! This weekly theme was "Superhero"!, which explains the staff's interesting costumes.

Here are my fantastic campers!! There are 11 in this picture, but then one went home the next morning, so I had 10. Still, it was a wonderful group!!

Oh Brooke! On Monday coming down the hill, her shoes that she was wearing started to fall apart. It was a good thing that they were her mom's shoes and that she had an extra pair that she wore all week. But we duck-taped them just so they could survive the journey home and the trip to the trash can! In fact, this is the same camper that I saw at the staff lunch at Cafe Rio after camp ended on Friday afternoon. Weird....
My campers playing Home Base. You have to get on all 4 bases by swinging on the rope and not touching the ground. Pretty funny swings...

Our unit after Legend Ceremony!! "I am a daughter of God. I am an eagle and I promise to soar"
Another ropes course by my campers. This one is Partner Triangle where you and another person have to use each other to get across a rope triangle. Such fun times.
Classic ropes course helmet pose.....
While my girls are at Craft, First Aid, or Certification, I chillax in the 'Nest. The ball right in front of me is one that's filled with different, random questions. It looks like it's floating in the air...
Wednesday night was a little wet for cookout, so we had ours on the porch with Gibson's unit!!! Crowded, but still good and yummy!
My unit hiked to Lake Mary!!! Then we got on the trail to Lake Martha, and tried to make it to Lake Katherine, but got a little lost.... Overall, great hike for my group!
Another Friday morning Farewell!! I love love love my girls!! Week 2 is a done!!
-Rebbie Becky

0 comments: