Saturday, July 11, 2009

Brighton Week 3

Such an amazing week. I was an SOS (Staff On Support), so I didn't have any girls! It was sad, but so nice to chillax a little bit! My favorite thing about being SOS is riding down in the Brighton truck to help with the luggage. Not fun to unload it (especially when the campers connect their suitcase, sleeping bag, backpack, etc.....), I just like to lay on it!

Above all, my favorite meal at Brighton is Monday lunch-GRILLED CHEESE!!!!! A-freakin-mazing!!!! Here's me just enjoying the making of sandwhiches!
As SOS, I get to help with grigri for Zipline. Me and my wonderful roomie Gibson had such a blast helping out the campers!!! Hahaha. My face is priceless!
I'm all hooked up to getting the camper off of Zipline!
YAY!! Another hike, but this time we made it all the way to Lake Katherine!!!! It was so amazing and I felt hardcore!! Here's Gloria, Yellow, Tink, Kodak, Bugle, and Numero!
SUNRISE HIKE!!!!!! It was so amazing and I love love love it!!! This was the first week doing it in the entire summer because of the rainyness the previous weeks. Huddling for warmth in the staff corner: Curly, Roo, Fermata, Bandana, Bugle, Squirt, Jibber, DC, Sprout, Numero, Rally, and Gibson.
I love Sunrise!!! It makes the whole week totally better!!
Gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous. Who cannot believe in God when they see this and notice His amazing creations on this earth??
Then on Friday morning after Sunrise, SOS take down the luggage to the buses. I have so much fun on this truck!! I felt like a superhero speeding down the road.
Yes, on the way back up, we saw two moose (moosen??) walking across the Mary trail. Thankfully we were all back at camp and they didn't come and disturb us! Aww, they're cute up close, but not so much when they walk through camp when you and your girls are about to do Zipline, then you have to hide in a nearby cabin!! (True story, happened during Week 2).
"I saw a moose! I saw two moose!!" Here's my reaction and face after this event. I look partly shocked and scared.
Week 3 is done!! Soooo great and I'm still tired! The good news is that you're all now caught up with my Brighton adventures!! Keep reading for the other weeks.
-Rebbie Becky

1 comments:

melissa mae said...

AHHH! I am feeling so nostalgic! It looks like you are having such a blast :)
I used to get so excited about the moose. I once walked up to one on the way to Silver Lake. There was only a car between us and my campers were so scared. They were like,"Elmo! Come back! Elmo, be careful!" What can I say, I'm live on the wild side. ;)
And pazookies? I've never heard that term, we call them skookies (cookie in a skillet) but aren't they THE BEST?! My husband and I make them way too often.