
I miss my camp!! These past days have been filledy with reminders of the good ol' girls camp where I worked one summer.
I guess it all started when I decided to wear my ol' vest and sweatshirt because it was very cold outside!! So, I concluded that I was in my old "uniform" again with my camp outfit, run-down tennis shoes, and hair in braids with a beanie on top, oh, not to mention the full backpack that I was carrying!! That night, my roommate's boyfriend made "circular brownies". Then I realized that these were the same brownies that were made for the campers in relation to the telling of the Brownie story!! Good times were remembered on Brownie Hideout with all the KDs and SOS as we were the little Brownie voices!! 
Then came my dream....I was dreaming of camp once again. It happened around this time of year and the old staff were gathering together. I remember a sense of anticipation as we were finding out who could work the next summer. Given a paper cup filled with ice, the command was given to hit it against a brick wall. If it got crushed, then we couldn't come back, but if it was undentable, then we were hired!! I hit mine and it turned out as somewhere in the middle. So, it was determined that I would remain, but have a change in position. Good news for me because it meant that I could be a counselor!!
The rest of the time getting up was fantasizing about being a counselor with having different girls (homesick and actual sick) who would follow my lead and look up to me.

I always wanted to be a counselor. Of course, that's what every girl wants to be when she comes to camp. She wants to be the leader and be a good example to her campers. Part of the main reason why I worked at the camp before being a counselor was that I could be trusted more and have a good chance! After living away from home, going to college, making new friends, and taking care of myself, I feel like I understand the duties of being a counselor as compared to one who just graduated high school.
Camp was such a great experience that taught me a whole lot!! I wouldn't trade it for the world..
Shadows Creep
-Rebbie Becky (Bugle)

1 comments:
Good works at camps
Post a Comment