Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Stressful Period

The Stressful Period:

Exams are drawing nearer and nearer. I'm not too worried about them...yet. Hopefully I'll pass in order to get the credits that I need and still survive. I'll be glad when Christmas Break comes!!

Scheduling classes for next semester starts this Friday for freshman. I have the classes that I want, in the places that I want them, and at good times. Massive amounts of freshman will be online starting midnight to get the classes that they want. I hope that I can get the ones that I want!! Registration can be a stressful thing.

I need a job. My mom has called me up with the concern about getting a job over christmas break. Right now, I enjoy not having to wrestle a part-time job in my schedule as a full-time college student. If I don't find a job by christmas break, then I'll work then at my old bakery. Just a heads up- I really don't want to do that!! Going back there for one weekend of work made me realize how I'm glad to not be there on a regular basis. I hope to branch out my job opportunities to something other than food, cause that's what I've done so far!! I'll try this week to get some applications to on-campus jobs and stores in this area and my home area.

A little part of me wants to work with housing next year, applying begins now! It sounds tempting:free food and housing!!! You just have daily responsibilities. If I get this job, then I won't need a job during school to pay for food and fun. Competition is fierce, there is always someone who is more qualified than me in everything. But I won't let that get me down!! I'll try my hardest and show potential, but if it doesn't work out, then it was meant to be. I still plan to apply to be a counselor this summer.....

I need to get another CIL test under my belt before the semester ends. Getting it done early will help my future years to not have to worry about it. Sadly, the forces of Facebook, YouTube, and Tetris are against me (thankfully, not my blog!!). No need to fear, I will conquer all and come out better than I was before!!

This is my pledge to not get stressed!! I pledge to stop wasting time on pointless computer tactics, to find a job, read my scriptures, apply for housing job, and to not let pesty things get in my way!! I am a bulldozer and won't let a better person get the hold of me and rattle my tiny buttons!
-Rebbie Becky

0 comments: