I was sent with no car, bike, motorcycle, skateboard, or a scooter to assist me on my way. Perhaps I wil have at least one of these in the years to come, but for now, I am content.
For a beginning Freshman living on campus, it is easy as pie. My modes of transportation are: walking, riding the public transportation- Aggie Shuttle and CVTD the valley's bus system, or hitching rides with roommates. Noticing that I don't have to spend ANY money on gas or worry about where to park, I quite like this method. It may take a little longer, but I need the excerise and the earth needs a little break from me!!
Walking: I've always been a pretty good walker. I was used to walking to and from elementary school, sometimes jr. high and high school. It was something solitary where I didn't need to concentrate on anything important, just me and the road ahead. Last year as a Senior in high school, I decided to walk everyday to and from classes. That was a goal that I was faithful to! The only rides I got from my mom were for rainy, or snowy. But, I do remember still walking on Valentine's Day where it had previously snowed and it was clear up to my knees!! I'm such a good trooper. So far, I like to walk and enjoy the scenery all around me! We'll see how that attitude changes when it snows and gets way way colder.......
Riding the Bus/Shuttle: Back in Salt Lake, there was a bus system all over, but I never used it. I didn't need to because I lived at home and could borrow the car to wherever I wanted to go. The shutle/bus system works quite nicely up here, it's FREE!!! It's always good when it's free. The Aggie Shuttle comes about every 10 minutes to pick students up in front of the Education Building and then drops off right at the student center by my apartment. I quite like it to get to my classes and come home. I'm sure in the winter, it'll be packed! The only way that I've been going around the Cache Valley has been on the CVTD bus. It's a nice system with stops conveniently and the longest wait limit is 30 min. I've been able to get to Main Street, Wal-Mart, Albertsons, the Hospital, the Island Market, Cliffside, and the Logan Temple. I'm quite a fan of the bus system here. Sure it takes about twice as long as car, but no worrying about money, parking, or car expenses!! YAY!!
I'm pretty independent up here, I like it!! I love that I can decide where I want to go in an instant and just hop on a bus and enjoy it! The freedom of living away from home is marvelous and I could really live here forever!!
While walking around the Logan Temple, I marveled at the majestic surroundings and the peaceful feeling. This valley was truly inspired from a heavenly source. Never in my entire life, did I just want to stay here, get married in this temple, and live happily ever after!!
Hey, a girl can dream, can't she??

0 comments:
Post a Comment