Wednesday, September 24, 2008

School Stresses

I like school except for the fact of writing papers and studying for exams.

I am not a good test taker. I am most certainly not a good guesser when it comes to subjects that I have trouble with (Science....ewwww). Miraculously in high school, I still managed my good grades with a B in Physics. I took a test in Biology on Tuesday and got my results back. Let me just say that it was not pretty. Sure, I should have studied more and put a little more emphasis on it, but it was all mumbo-jumbo to me.

I did learn something about myself last night- I am my own worst crtique!!! It's true! Because I was editing my own paper and I put a whole bunch of marks on there for grammar, word choice, and unnecessary phrasing.

I also learned that I don't like the students who don't try as hard as I do and get a better grade than me!! (it's called talent and pure knowledge which I sure don't have!). This boy living on my floor is in my U.S. Institutions and Biology class (my worst subjects), gets a better score. We both went to the SI session tonight, I got something out of it, but he learned nothing! I wonder how that is even possible! Hopefully, things will change and the people who work the hardest will triumph in the grades.

Happily, I stopped worrying about this when I found two things today:
1- the tub of butter in my fridge that I thought was long gone
2- $5 that I knew that I had at one point, but had forgotten where I put them. (it's always nice for a college student to find money!!)

So there's my frustrations and triumphs for the day. Now, I must study for my exam tomorrow!!
-Rebbie Becky

0 comments: