Being as it is Sunday, it would be a terrible sight if I did nt stop in all my continuing study and fun to recognize the things that I am grateful for and love!!
-Roommates and New Friends: I absolutely love my roommates!! They're always doing something really fun or just being themselves. I love to talk to them and realize that we're different, but can still get along and complete each other. I'm especially grateful that my 5 rommates are all LDS and we attended church together today! After church, my awesome floor had a Sunday Dinner potluck with lasagna, bread, some weird food that Josh made (it was good!), and just the good time of being together with Nerf Gun wars! I hope that this tradition continues!
-Family: It's a nice thing when your mom calls or e-mails to check up on you at college. I don't miss them that much (ouch!). but it's still nice to hear from them. I'm excited for them to come up for Family Night in 3 weeks!
-Classes: Sure, it's not the greatest thing in the world, but they're interesting. I'm just have General Ed. classes now, but have declared my major in Social Work. I'm grateful that I'm keeping up with them and finding new things everyday. My most important gratefulness is the fact that my Theatre class is cancelled tomorrow, so I won't have to go until 12:30!!!
-Church: I love the student ward! It was nice to go to Relief Society and be with girls in my same age group (no offense to the old people of course!!). You can tell that we're all on the same page and growing together. It's the same with Sunday School and Sacrament Meeting.
-Breaking Out of Your Shell: I still haven't mastered this yet. Last night, my roommates and a cute boy were talking in our hallway about spiritual things, and I just sat and listened. I wish that I could have participated more, but I like to listen and to add comments if necessary. I'm sure that as the year continues, I'll find the courage within!
-Keeping In Touch: It's been 3 months since I graduated from high school, I still check on Facebook and blogs to find out how things are going. That is kind of the reason to keep up on a blog and Facebook to see how people changing and see relationship status'!! My sister is one inspiration to me to keep in touch with old friends, extended family, and new friends.
- Preferred Card Savings from Albertsons: They're amazing!! Usually, my roommates go to Wal-Mart to get their groceries, but I still like Albertsons. I took the free bus system yesterday (another thing that I'm grateful for!), and shopped only spending about $30 which I saved $6.99, not a huge lot, but it helps and adds up over time.
Well, I guess that's all for now. I better leave!!
-Rebbie Becky


1 comments:
Aww. I still feel awkward in church. These are people a little older than me, and they all laugh a little too hard at things that aren't funny... because no one fits in yet, and they don't know what to do. I don't know what to do... and apparently my records got lost in transit. :(
Post a Comment